Nihon Collection 2018

 Nihon Collection, came about after a very long, creative dry spell. Taking this two week long holiday was so good for my soul, so good that inspiration for these pieces came so quickly. So good that the passion for jewelry making was reignited! 

My heart and soul went into every piece, and my heart is thumping even now as I type this last blog post before showing all of you this collection that has been in the making for almost two months now. Pieces were adjusted midway, hours were spent wire wrapping each stone, and preparing the photos, listings and posts.



The only time I could do this was in between work and family, but every part of the process was something I took pride in and thoroughly enjoyed. I hope you enjoy my sharing, as well as the collection! 
The last time I had visited Japan, I was only 12, and could only remember Tokyo being very grey. But this time we headed to Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo, and being much older, relished in the experiences much more. 


 
 It wasn't just the food, it was the sights, the history, culture, people and even vintage shops that made me fall in love with Japan. Look at the racks of vintage and second-hand kimono! I got myself a haori, which is a shorter kimono, to wear like a cardigan, at one of these shops. :)

So, here is my humble collection of five pairs of earrings, each inspired by different sights and parts of Japan. 


Golden Pavilion, inspired by the Kinkaku-ji Temple in Kyoto. 

View it here.

 Beauty in the Ordinary
inspired by.... you'll have to go to the blog post. :)

View it here.


 Sakura, inspired by the beautiful pink blooms. 

View it here.
  
Gion Nights, inspired by Gion district, Kyoto. 

View it here.

Osaka Castle, inspired by its namesake. 

View it here.

I hope you enjoy this small collection.

To end, a photo of the gorgeous interior of Koffee Mameya at Omotesando, in Tokyo. So very minimalist. And not forgetting, they make delicious coffee. 

If you have any enquiries or would like to customize a piece, please drop me a message! 

Singaporean buyers, please contact me before purchasing on Etsy, if you would like to purchase via bank transfer. Thank you so much!

Lots of love, 
Jo

Comments