About Me


About Me

Before Eli. J came about, one of my sisters and I managed another brand called 1850. After my son came along in 2008, and work got busy for my sister, I decided to start my own brand. It also came about at a point in my life when I needed to learn to be courageous, and learn to stand on my own two feet.

Eli. J is a blend of my son's name and mine. It was just the two of us then, and the bond that we had was very special to me. He is a miracle, and was (and always will be) my biggest blessing.

Eli. J started off as a hobby, from my full time job as a classical piano teacher, but grew into more than that. It became a platform for expression, I met likeminded creatives, and relationships were built between people, and customers became friends. It was and still is a lot of fun, procuring the beautiful gemstones and parts, blending them together to form different colour combinations and designs. 

This little business is run solely by me, in Singapore, with every part of the process, from sourcing and purchasing, designing, crafting, and finally to making sure your purchases reach you safely, and even beyond that, done by me. 

Why handmade?

In a world with billions of people, essentially, each of us desires to be heard, and known. We do it in various ways, but we all want to be unique. 

Almost everything now is mass-produced, and at the heart of it, I hope to bring something precious and special, and that will bring you joy, in this lifetime we have on earth.

Every piece is made by my two hands, and because of the nature of gemstones, no two pieces are ever completely alike. With a short attention span, plenty of passion, and a love of observing the beauty that surrounds me everywhere, and exploring new places, I love to think up new ideas, and strive to channel this into my work.

Contact me

If you would like to contact me to customize a special piece for yourself or a loved one, or simply to chat, please feel free to send me an email at joannesimms@gmail.com, or use the contact form at the side of my page. It would make my day to hear from you!

To view past work, please click Facebook and Instagram


Stockists: Kai Life, at Holland Village Shopping Centre, #02-04 and Tanglin Mall, #02-07.

love, Jo

Comments